Last week, New Model Adviser covered the launch of our new Google AdWords service.
The reaction so far has been great, so we want to explain more. In this week’s blog we’ll:
- Give you more detail about the proposition
- Explain why we’re doing it
- Tell you who it’s for
Finally, we’ll explain what you should do if you’d like to learn more.
What are we doing?
The Yardstick Google Adwords Service is designed to create high-quality new enquiries for financial advisers and planners.
It really is that simple.
Alright, it’s a bit more complicated than that. If you work with us we will:
- Identify your target market and goals for the project
- Agree on the keywords we will target
- Develop adverts that will be displayed when potential clients search for the agreed keywords
- Develop landing pages, which the potential client will see after clicking an advert
- Keep the campaigns under constant review
- Analyse the results of the enquiries generated to ensure their budget is constantly refined towards consumers more likely to convert, thereby reducing waste and wasted budget
- Advise on strategy for dealing with incoming enquiries
- Flexibly react to their ongoing needs, such as increasing or decreasing the monthly budget or creating specific campaigns to support new ideas.
Why are we doing it?
First and foremost because we know the value financial advice and planning delivers to clients. And, helping more consumers access the advice and planning they need is one of the three reasons we started The Yardstick Agency back in 2017. If we can harness the power of Google Ads so that more consumers get the advice and planning they need, that has to be a good thing.
We also know that some firms have a larger new enquiry requirement than can be met by referrals, recommendations and other forms of more traditional marketing. Used correctly, Google Ads can help plug that gap.
At the same time, we know that other sources of new enquiries face challenges. For example, Unbiased has recently increased fees, while the same is true of many lead generators some of whom have also suffered from negative publicity recently.
Finally, given that negative publicity, we wanted to launch a service that was completely transparent. You will know:
- Exactly what each advert says
- The keywords we’re targeting on your behalf
- The content on each of the landing pages.
To put it another way, you will be able to sleep soundly at night, safe in the knowledge that your campaigns are compliant. We aren’t claiming to have high Trustpilot ratings, when we don’t, we won’t push consumers looking for independent advice to restricted advisers and we certainly won’t charge based on the perceived value of each lead.
Who provides the service?
Used correctly Google Ads can be an incredibly powerful tool that creates high quality enquiries from consumers who are motivated to take action. Used incorrectly, it can be a hole that you keep throwing money into, constantly chasing the next ‘win’.
It’s also an incredibly competitive space, with many different companies competing for the same clicks.
So, we wanted a partner with the inside track. Someone who knew Google Ads inside out, but who also knew the tactics used by lead generators. We found that partner in DSL run by Daniel Olley and Sarah Evans-Webster.
Dan has significant experience in using search engines to generate financial advice enquiries. In 2015 he launched what quickly became one of the largest lead generators for financial advisers, dominating the Google search results and working with advice firms of all shapes and sizes. He then went on to run his own IFA firm providing regulated advice. Sarah has significant experience in excellent customer service, working for large brands such as BMW before joining Dan in 2017 and working directly with hundreds of financial advice firms.
The Yardstick Agency and DSL will be working in a genuine partnership for the benefit of advisers and planners who take advantage of this new service.
Who is it for?
The Yardstick Google Adwords service is ideal for advisers/planners who:
- Want to create more enquiries than is possible from referrals, recommendations and other methods of marketing
- Who want to consider an alternative to or reduce their reliance on current lead generators/directories
- Who are already using Google Ads themselves, or via another agency, and want a financial services specialist partner to take over.
Simply put, get in touch!
Click here to drop us an email. We’ll then arrange an initial call to discuss your requirements and explain more about the proposition.