19/01/17We’ve launched our 2017: Adviser Website Survey
- How many people visit your website?
- How long do they spend on the site?
- Which are the most popular pages?
In my experience, most advisers can’t answer these questions.
That’s a shame, especially because there’s an easy answer: Google Analytics.
That’s right, it will cost you absolutely nothing to use Google Analytics.
The temptation with anything that’s free, is to assume it has limited value. That’s not the case with Analytics; the information it provides is priceless.
At a very basic level, the information Analytics provides is hugely interesting. Its true power though is in helping advisers make evidence-based decisions about their website and wider marketing strategy.
Nothing is perfect, we’ve identified three problems:
- We believe that only a relatively small percentage of advisers have added Google Analytics to their website
- The advisers who have, rarely log in
- It’s impossible to know how your numbers compare. Do you get more visitors than the average adviser? Is the amount of time visitors spend on your site above or below average? Which are the most popular pages on adviser sites?
No one knows, but we are on a mission to find out.
The Yardstick Adviser Website Survey
We want to help advisers market their business more effectively.
I’m therefore delighted to announce the launch of our ‘2017: Adviser Website Survey’, to help us learn more about adviser websites and share good practice.
Please can you help us?
To be effective we need as many advisers as possible to complete the survey; this can be done anonymously and will take no more than two minutes.
We’ll then publish the data in a free report; which we hope to make an annual publication.
But, we need the data. So, please indulge us and take a couple of minutes to complete the survey, which you can do by clicking here.
Our way of saying: “Thank you”
As a thank you, we are offering the first 50 firms who complete the survey a free Google Analytics review. We will analyse your account and produce a report, including:
- Information about how your website is performing
- The areas where your site is both strong and weak
- Recommendations of changes you could make based on the data
If you have not yet set Google Analytics up, we’ll do that for you too.
To qualify, all you need to do is leave your name, email address and telephone number at the end of the survey and we’ll be in touch.
No catch, and in common with Google Analytics, it’s free and valuable!
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey, we do appreciate it.