If you’re an ambitious Web Designer & Developer, and you want to join a sector-leading agency in the heart of Nottingham, working with financial advisers and planners, we’d love to hear from you!
Before reading further though, you should spend a few minutes reading a blog we wrote to help you – 6 ways to solve the big problem both employers and candidates face.
In it, we explain how you can stand out when applying to us, and elsewhere. We hope it helps!
Right, back to the job description…
On any given day, you’ll be:
- Designing new, bespoke websites for the UK’s leading financial advisers and planners
- Developing your designs into effective sites, with great user experiences, to deliver our clients’ goals
- Testing the sites for browser and device compatibility
- Working on website changes for our existing clients
- Helping us become the ‘go-to’ financial services marketing agency by exceeding expectations and embracing innovation
We don’t want you to use templates to make boring, identikit sites. We also don’t expect you to make loads of cups of tea (at least no more than you will drink yourself).
A fast-growing, busy and social team
We’re a marketing agency who specialises in the financial services sector. In fact, based on Google reviews, we’re the highest-rated agency in that sector. We service the marketing needs of financial advisers and planners, as well as networks, investment houses and product providers.
Niche, isn’t it? That’s a great thing because it means we inherently know who we work with and their typical needs.
We’ve grown rapidly since our head honcho Phil Bray started the business in 2017, and to continue that growth, we need to add more talent to the team. If you’re an ambitious developer, we want to hear from you.
Our office is in the very heart of Nottingham’s Creative Quarter, so is easy to get to (and handy for lunch!)
We’re looking for someone with excellent design and development skills, but who is ambitious to develop further.
You’ll also be expected to deliver projects on time, and to the highest quality. We want someone who isn’t afraid of being held to high standards.
As Steve Jobs said: “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
Now you know how we got our name!
If you’re the person we’re looking for, we need you to be able to demonstrate:
- A keen and enthusiastic eye for design
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop & XD
- A basic understanding of UX
- HTML and CSS3 skills (SCSS is beneficial)
- Experience developing custom-built WordPress themes (Using Twig & Timber also beneficial)
- Experience or use of Git, BitBucket & Version Control is beneficial
- A basic understanding of JS
- A basic understanding of PHP
- An understanding of SEO and PPC concepts
- The ins & outs of getting a site from development to being live
- Good communication skills and being able to work as part of a small team are also essential.
Note: We don’t mean to be boring, but we will only consider applications that provide a CV, a covering letter and examples of your work. Scroll to the bottom for more information.
A great salary and benefits
If you’re the right person for us, you’ll benefit from:
- A full-time position
- A flexible office-based/from home working arrangement (you can work from anywhere in the UK!)
- The salary your talents deserve
- Flexible working hours
- A generous holiday entitlement
- A pension scheme from day one (as you would expect, we believe in retirement planning!)
- Education reimbursement
- A health cash plan
- Company events and social hours
- Access to our retained therapist (we know how important it is we all look after our mental health).
Get in touch today
If you think you might be just the person we need, please send us your CV along with:
- A covering letter or email telling us more about you, and why you’re the right person for the role
- Some examples of your work
Go on, go for it!
Respectfully, no agencies please.
Get in touch
Request a callback
Whatever your marketing challenges, we're here to help. Simply complete this form and we'll be in touch.